Here are previous posts on point:
- The Art of the Law Review Article Title
- The Art of the Abstract
- A Well-Optimized Abstract
- Long Jargon-Filled Abstracts Win Citation Count
- Scholarly Article: Publishing Strategies
- Posts with Scholarly Writing tag
While all of these posts are helpful for the law-review submissions process, there is still a lot about the process that boils down to timing and luck.
Do not fret about the lack of an offer to publish. Remember to revise and resubmit, and with some 2,000 general and special-interest law reviews out there, there is a good chance that your article will eventually be picked up.